Rockhampton Women's Hospital ca.1930
Title Rockhampton Women's Hospital ca.1930
Description The Women's Hospital located on the corner of West and Albert Streets Streets had its origins in 1890, when, on the advice of Dr Vivian Voss, the Benevolent Society established a Lying-in Hospital in its Asylum grounds in West Street. The Hospital was handed over to a governing council in 1895. The facility provided surgical and midwifery care for women. The hospital then became a training school for midwives. The Women's Hospital was closed in 1930 and its services transferred to the new Lady Goodwin Maternity Hospital on the Rockhampton Hospital site on the corner of North and Canning Streets..
Image Number 9
Publisher Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc
Source (Original)
Subject Historic buildings
Subject Hospitals
Subject Rockhampton. Women's Hospital
Coverage - Spatial West Street, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Time ca. 1930
Format of Original photographic print: b&w; scan .tif 12.3 MB 3240 x 1327 pixels
Digital Format image/jpeg
Rights This image is provided for the purpose of private study and research and must not be reproduced without the permission of the Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.

Corner