Rockhampton Hospital ca. 1953
Title Rockhampton Hospital ca. 1953
Description This photograph of the Rockhampton Hospital has been taken from Kellow Street ca. 1953. Apart from the original hospital buildings and the Lady Goodwin Maternity Hospital being visible at the top of the photograph, the image shows the early stages of the construction of the Nurses' Quarters which were opened in July 1954 (centre right). In the centre of the photograph are some of the army huts used as temporary nurses' quarters after a fire which destroyed the original quarters on 28 September 1945. The photograph carries the inscription Hal True Studios 33 Archer St Rockhampton Phone 4505.
Image Number 78
Publisher Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.
Source (Original) Harley C Wilson, 40 Kellow St, Rockhampton.
Subject Hospitals
Subject Nurses' Quarters
Subject Rockhampton Hospital
Coverage - Spatial Quarry Street, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Time ca. 1953
Format of Original photographic print: b&w 20.2 cm x 15.2 cm; scan .tif file 12.1 MB 2384 x 1768 pixels
Digital Format image/jpeg
Rights This image is provided for the purpose of private study and research and must not be reproduced without the permission of the Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.

Corner