Aerial view of Rockhampton Hospital 1965
Title Aerial view of Rockhampton Hospital 1965
Description The photograph shows an aerial view of the Rockhampton Hospital and surrounding suburbs in 1965. Key features in the photograph are (clockwise from bottom-left), the Doctors' Flats (removed 2010), the July 1954 vintage nurses' quarters, "new" Lady Goodwin Maternity Hospital, Commonwealth funded Chest Clinic and Commonwealth Pathology Laboratory (1959), Boiler House (on corner), original Lady Goodwin Hospital (1930) and original hospital (commenced 1867), Outpatients Department and Sister Kenny Clinic (built 1938) and later used for the Therapies and Pharmacy, Dental Clinic, and Medical Superintendent's Residence (1936).
Image Number 75
Publisher Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.
Source (Original)
Subject Hospitals
Subject Nurses' Quarters
Subject Rockhampton Hospital
Coverage - Spatial Canning Street, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Spatial North Street, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Time 1965
Format of Original Photographic print: b&w 20.4 cm x 15.6 cm; Scan .tif 12.5 MB 2398 x 1824 pixels
Digital Format image/jpeg
Rights This image is provided for the purpose of private study and research and must not be reproduced without the permission of the Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.

Corner