Dr N C Talbot
Title Dr N C Talbot
Description Dr Norman C Talbot was one of Rockhampton's medical pioneers. In 1922, he purchased a spacious home called Tannachy in Victoria Parade and opened a private hospital under that name. Tannachy had originally been the home of Mr William Pattison, and then the Chapple family. Dr Talbot had wide-ranging community interests. For example, he was elected patron of the Rockhampton Aero Club on 17 January 1947 when it was being reformed after World War II, and Vice-President of the Central Queensland Amateur Racing Club in 1934. The Talbot Estate in Applegarth which provides independent living for aged persons is named in his honour.
Image Number 71
Publisher Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.
Source (Original)
Subject Doctors
Subject Talbot, Norman C
Coverage - Spatial Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Time ca. 1940's
Format of Original photographic print on card: b&w 10.7 cm x 18.2 cm; scan .tif 7.7 MB 1242 x 2148 pixels
Digital Format image/jpeg
Rights This image is provided for the purpose of private study and research and must not be reproduced without the permission of the Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.

Corner