Ogmore Hospital ca. 1950
Title Ogmore Hospital ca. 1950
Description The photograph shows the Ogmore Hospital with the Matron, Miss Agnes Fechnay, standing on the front steps. The Ogmore Emergency Hospital was opened in May 1949 to treat the victims of accidents at the nearby Styx Coal Mine and other emergency cases arising in Ogmore, nearby townships such as St Lawrence, plus the numerous properties in the region. Serious cases were then transferred to Rockhampton. The Hospital also served as a base for regular clinics by Visiting Medical Officers, Nurses and Dental Clinics.
Image Number 60
Publisher Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.
Source (Original)
Subject Fechnay, Agnes
Subject Hospital Matrons
Subject Hospitals
Subject Nurses
Coverage - Spatial Ogmore, Queensland
Coverage - Time ca. 1950's
Format of Original photographic image: b&w 13.5 cm x 8.7 cm Scan .tif 3.8 MB 1549 x 845 pixels
Digital Format image/jpeg
Rights This image is provided for the purpose of private study and research and must not be reproduced without the permission of the Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.

Corner