Rockhampton Children's Hospital 1922
Title Rockhampton Children's Hospital 1922
Description The Rockhampton Children's Hospital was established in 1885 under the auspices of the Benevolent Society. Development of the above site on the corner of Agnes Street and Denham Street Extended directly across Agnes Street from the Girls' Grammar School commenced in 1889. The reservoir can be seen in the background on the same site as it is today. The hospital opened with 36 beds but was extended over time to accommodate 62 beds in five wards. The Children's Hospital closed in 1929 and children were moved to the Rockhampton Hospital on the corner of Canning and North Streets. Several buildings were also relocated the the Canning Street site after the closure of the Children's Hospital, some to be used as nurses' quarters.
Image Number 6
Publisher Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc
Source (Original)
Subject Historic buildings
Subject Hospitals
Subject Rockhampton Childrens Hospital
Coverage - Spatial Agnes Street, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Spatial Denham Street Extended, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Time 1922
Format of Original photographic print: b&w (10" x 8"); Scan .tif file 16.4 MB (2819 x 2029 pixels)
Digital Format image/jpg
Rights This image is provided for the purpose of private study and research and must not be reproduced without the permission of the Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.

Corner