Dr Talbot and Matron Betty Shera at Tannachy Hospital in 1955
Title Dr Talbot and Matron Betty Shera at Tannachy Hospital in 1955
Description The photograph shows Dr Norman Talbot and Matron Betty Shera at the ceremony to open a new wing at the Tannachy Hospital on 8th September 1955. The new wing, made up of 10 single rooms, was officially opened by Dr Talbot and named the Talbot Ward. Tannachy had been opened by Dr Talbot in 1922. He ran the hospital with his colleague Dr F. C. Wooster until late October 1950. The closure at that time was triggered by the death of Dr Wooster on 5th June 1950. The hospital was soon reopened by a group of businessmen with the support of previous Tannachy Hospital staff.
Image Number 37
Publisher Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc
Source (Original)
Subject Doctors
Subject Hospital Matrons
Subject Nurses
Subject Shera, Betty
Subject Talbot, Norman
Subject Tannachy Hospital
Coverage - Spatial Victoria Parade, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Time 31 March 1961
Format of Original photographic image: b&w 15cm x 20.5cm Scan .tif 4.2 MB 1785 x 2455 pixels
Digital Format image/jpeg
Rights This image is provided for the purpose of private study and research and must not be reproduced without the permission of the Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.

Corner