Rockhampton Hospital Outpatients Department and Sister Kenny Clinic ca. 1939
Title Rockhampton Hospital Outpatients Department and Sister Kenny Clinic ca. 1939
Description The Rockhampton Hospital Outpatients Department and Sister Kenny Clinic was built in 1938 and opened by the Minister for Health and Home Affairs Mr E. M. Hanlon on 25 June 1939. The project was unusual because it was the only purpose-built Sister Kenny clinic constructed in Queensland with a view to supporting the poliomyelitis treatment methods proposed by Sister Kenny. The building was later used as a therapies block and housed the hospital pharmacy until it was demolished ca. 1997 despite the fact that it was heritage listed. The building was designed by the same architect who designed the Rockhampton City Hall and used similar building materials.
Image Number 354
Publisher Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.
Source (Original)
Subject Rockhampton Hospital Outpatients Department
Subject Sister Kenny Clinic
Subject Therapies building
Coverage - Spatial Canning Street, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Spatial Rockhampton Hospital, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Time ca. 1939
Format of Original photographic print: b&w 25 cm x 20 cm; scan .tif 18.2 MB 2921 x 2183 pixels
Digital Format image/jpeg
Rights This image is provided for the purpose of private study and research and must not be reproduced without the permission of the Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.

Corner