Ward scene at the Rochampton Childrens Hospital early 20th Century.
Title Ward scene at the Rochampton Childrens Hospital early 20th Century.
Description The Rockhampton Childrens Hospital was established in 1885 under the auspices of the Benevolent Society. Commencing in 1889, the Society progressively developed the Hospital on a site on the corner of Agnes Street and Denham Street Extended directly across Agnes Street from the Girls Grammar School. The Hospital served the community from this site until 1929 when it was relocated to the Rockhampton Hospital site on the corner of Canning and North Streets. This photograph shows nurses and children in one of the hospital wards, probably in about 1910.
Image Number 349
Publisher Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.
Source (Original)
Subject Childrens Hospital - Rockhampton
Subject Nurses in uniform
Coverage - Spatial Agnes Street, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Spatial Children's Hospital, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Spatial Denham Street Extended, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Time ca. 1910
Format of Original copy print: b&w 16.3 cm x 10.2 cm; scan .tif 7.0 MB 1994 x 1216 pixels
Digital Format image/jpeg
Rights This image is provided for the purpose of private study and research and must not be reproduced without the permission of the Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.

Corner