Port Curtis & Leichhardt District Hospital ca.1890
Title Port Curtis & Leichhardt District Hospital ca.1890
Description When the first Port Curtis & Leichhardt District Hospital became too small for the needs of the community, this new hospital was built on the Athelstane Range on the corner of Canning and North Streets, where the present Rockhampton Hospital still stands. This building was opened in mid-1868 and remained in place until it was demolished in 1986. The name change from the Port Curtis & Leichhardt District Hospital to the Rockhampton Hospital occurred in 1895.
Image Number 3
Publisher Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc
Source (Original)
Subject Historic buildings
Subject Hospitals
Subject Port Curtis & Leichhardt District Hospital
Subject Rockhampton. Hospital
Coverage - Spatial Canning Street, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Spatial North Street, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Time ca. 1890
Format of Original copy print : b&w; scan .tif 17.0 MB 3245 x 1830 pixels
Digital Format image/jpeg
Rights This image is provided for the purpose of private study and research and must not be reproduced without the permission of the Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.

Corner