Lady Goodwin Maternity Hospital, Rockhampton ca. 1940
Title Lady Goodwin Maternity Hospital, Rockhampton ca. 1940
Description The Lady Goodwin Maternity Hospital in North Street, Rockhampton, was opened by the Home Secretary, Mr J. Stopford, on 26 June 1930. The first babies were born there on 09 October 1930. The building was part of the Rockhampton Hospital and replaced the former Women's Hospital which was located in West Street. The announcement that the Hospital would be named after Lady Goodwin, the wife of the then Governor of Queensland, was made on 25 April 1931. The building was demolished in 1986 though its role as a maternity hospital ended many years earlier.
Image Number 267
Publisher Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.
Source (Original)
Subject Lady Goodwin Maternity Hospital
Coverage - Spatial North Street, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Time ca. 1940
Format of Original photographic print: sepia 201 x 147 mm; scan .tif 12.3 MB 2421 x 1765 pixels
Digital Format image/jpeg
Rights This image is provided for the purpose of private study and research and must not be reproduced without the permission of the Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.

Corner