Matron Sarah Maud Green and midwifery staff of the Rockhampton Women's and Lady Goodwin Hospitals
Title Matron Sarah Maud Green and midwifery staff of the Rockhampton Women's and Lady Goodwin Hospitals
Description This photograph taken around 1930 shows Matron Sarah Maud Green with midwifery staff near the time when the Women’s Hospital in West St Rockhampton closed and the Lady Goodwin in North Street opened. The nurses are identified as (Back Row L to R): Eastern, Cameron, Towers, Green; (Front Row L to R): Yorke, Collins, Matron Sarah Maud Green, Fullerton, Edna May Weber and Christine (Tot) Healy (seated on ground). Sarah Maud Green was Matron of the Women's Hospital when it closed and the services were moved the the new Lady Goodwin Hospital. Soon after, she was appointed Matron of the entire Rockhampton Hospital.
Image Number 256
Publisher Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.
Source (Original)
Subject Green, Sarah Maud
Subject Lady Goodwin Hospital
Subject Nurses
Subject Rockhampton Women's Hospital
Coverage - Spatial Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Time 1930
Format of Original photographic print: b&w; scan .tif 10.0 MB 2213 x 1578 pixels
Digital Format image/jpeg
Rights This image is provided for the purpose of private study and research and must not be reproduced without the permission of the Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.

Corner