Rockhampton Hospital Nurses' Quarters opened 1954
Title Rockhampton Hospital Nurses' Quarters opened 1954
Description This block was built as quarters for nurses at the Rockhampton Hospital between 1950 and 1954. The building was officially opened on 11 July 1954 by the Minister for Health and Home Affairs, Mr W. M. Moore. The five storey building which provided accommodation for 172 nurses cost £261,000 to construct. The building was demolished in the second half of 2008 as part of the redevelopment of the Rockhampton Hospital.
Image Number 211
Publisher Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.
Source (Original) The Morning Bulletin
Subject Nurses' Quarters
Subject Rockhampton Hospital
Coverage - Spatial Canning Street, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Time ca. 1954
Format of Original photographic print: b&w 20.6 cm x 15 cm; scan .tif 12.1 MB 2418 x 1749 pixels
Digital Format image/jpeg
Rights This image is provided for the purpose of private study and research and must not be reproduced without the permission of the Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.

Corner