Rockhampton Hospital Entrance ca. 1940
Title Rockhampton Hospital Entrance ca. 1940
Description The postcard shows the Canning Street entrance to the Rockhampton Hospital in about 1940. The building on the right is the original Rockhampton Hospital Building commenced in 1867 while the building on the left is the Outpatients' Department and Sister Kenny Clinic built in 1938. The brick fence was constructed between 1936 and 1939 with funds from the estate of Mr G. F. Sandrock, an early benefactor of the hospital. Part of the fence still stands (2014) and the heavy gates which are just visible in the photograph are in the possession of the Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc and will be re-hung at the Country Hospital Museum at the Rockhampton Heritage Village. The signs provide information about hours for outpatient clinics and hospital visiting hours.
Image Number 207
Publisher Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.
Source (Original)
Subject Historic Hospitals
Subject Rockhampton Hospital
Subject Sandrock, G. F.
Coverage - Spatial Canning Street, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Time ca. 1940
Format of Original postcard: sepia on card 24.2 cm x 13.7 cm; scan .tif 2810 x 1612 pixels
Digital Format image/jpeg
Rights This image is provided for the purpose of private study and research and must not be reproduced without the permission of the Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.

Corner