Kenmore - the Mater Hospital - Rockhampton
Title Kenmore - the Mater Hospital - Rockhampton
Description This grand mansion was built in Rockhampton for the Honourable John Ferguson in 1894. The home was intended for the future Governor of the planned Colony of Central Queensland. The building was later purchased by the Sisters of Mercy and became the first Mater Misericordiae Hospital in Central Queensland on 14 November 1915. In 2008, Kenmore is used as an administrative building, as suites for consulting medical specialists. It has also housed The University of Queensland's Rural Medical School.
Image Number 14
Publisher Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc
Source (Original)
Subject Historic buildings
Subject Hospitals
Subject Mansions.
Subject Rockhampton Mater Misericordiae Hospital
Subject Rockhampton. Kenmore
Coverage - Spatial Ward Street, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Time 2008
Format of Original digital photographic image: col (3008 x 2000 pixels)
Digital Format image/jpeg
Rights This image is provided for the purpose of private study and research and must not be reproduced without the permission of the Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.

Corner