Leinster Private Hospital Rockhampton 1915
Title Leinster Private Hospital Rockhampton 1915
Description This photograph shows Dr Daniel Patrick O'Brien and staff at the Leinster Private Hospital at the corner of Agnes and Spencer Streets Rockhampton in early 1915. The hospital was established in the early 1900's. Dr O'Brien gave the building to the Catholic Church in 1939 on the understanding that the site would be used as an aged person's facility. In 1940, Bishop Hayes handed the building over to the Sisters of Mercy who opened Bethany Home for the Aged in 1941.
Image Number 13
Publisher Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc
Source (Original)
Subject Doctors
Subject Historic buildings
Subject Hospitals
Subject Nurses
Subject O'Brien, Daniel Patrick
Subject Rockhampton. Leinster Hospital
Coverage - Spatial Agnes Street, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Spatial Spencer Street, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Time 1915
Format of Original Scan .tif file (2844 x 2028 pixels)
Digital Format image/jpeg
Rights This image is provided for the purpose of private study and research and must not be reproduced without the permission of the Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.

Corner