Salvation Army Hospital Rockhampton 1913
Title Salvation Army Hospital Rockhampton 1913
Description This building, originally called 'Glenties', was opened as a rescue home for unmarried pregnant girls at 58 Talford Street in 1902. The building was registered as a maternity hospital in 1924. The hospital became known as the Bethesda Mothers' Hospital in 1939. It has since been demolished. However, the Salvation Army still occupies the site with its Bethesda Aged Care facility.
Image Number 12
Publisher Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc
Source (Original)
Subject Bethesda Mothers' Hospital
Subject Glenties
Subject Historic buildings
Subject Hospitals
Subject Nurses
Subject Rockhampton. Salvation Army Hospital.
Coverage - Spatial 58 Talford Street, Rockhampton, Queensland
Coverage - Time 1913
Format of Original copy print: b&w 24.2cm x 14.3 cm; Scan .tif 13.5 MB 2827 x 1667 pixels.
Digital Format image/jpeg
Rights This image is provided for the purpose of private study and research and must not be reproduced without the permission of the Australian Country Hospital Heritage Association Inc.

Corner